Strengthening the value proposition of membershipFocusing on the complete end-to-end customer journey
- The perceived value of a subscription to The Times was unclear.
- Users were exiting the subscription page without converting.
- A poor value proposition, friction and anxiety at checkout were also turning users away.
Phase 1: Promote membership on website
- Re-shaping the offering as membership and not subscription improved its value.
- Promoting the key benefits of membership drove more traffic into the membership store.
Phase 2: Build value proposition in membership store
- A new, navigable membership store enabled users to research each offer in depth.
- Personalised storylines emphasised the value of membership by appealing to individual users’ tastes.
Phase 3: Maximise transactions at checkout
- Clarifying the product details at checkout motivated users to complete the purchase.
- Reduced friction and anxiety led to fewer abandoned carts
Download The Times case study
Want to read more? Click here to download our detailed case study PDF.
Read more success stories: