Increasing subscription volume by 42% QoQDriving down acquisition costs
- SoundCloud wanted to acquire incremental paid subscriptions for their Creator Pro and Pro Unlimited subscription packages
- A niche target audience profile was proving limiting for Creator Pro
- They were unsure how to achieve this without significant investment
Phase 1: Audience profiling & market analysis
- Analyzed user volume by country and velocity of low funnel user activity (e.g. free uploads) to identify increasing market potential.
- Identified synergies with language and culture where possible to make the most of creative assets.
- Evaluate publisher presence in each marketplace.
- Generated a tiered list of market expansion priorities.
Phase 2: Retargeting 6 week test
- Preserve established baseline performance by continuing proven tactics and partners.
- Invest 10% of budget on retargeting test in tier 1 priority markets.
- Launch retargeting in tier 2 markets.
Phase 3: Prospecting test
- Run prospecting test in successful tier 1 markets.
- Strict roll out – only markets performing within the CPA target.
- Expand targeting tactics with proven partners.
Download the SoundCloud case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF