- McAfee wanted to grow conversion volume from previous sales and lessen the impact on Average Order Value (AOV), while reaching a wider audience, for a ‘Back to School’ campaign.
- Through comprehensive testing, we discovered that pure % off discounts always out-perform those set up to improve AOV.
- Promotions which increase conversion volume and reach tend to come at the cost of low AOV.
The Strategy & Results:
- Back to School creative was tailored across all digital and media touchpoints ensuring a seamless user journey.
- By aligning OOH (Out of Home) with online creative, anyone browsing a mobile device after seeing a billboard would be delivered consistency of both offer and design.
- Limiting the discounting to the top 5 EMEA markets lessened the overall impact on AOV.
- Staggering the discounts throughout the promotion built momentum; urgency was encouraged with the use of a countdown timer during the final discount.
- By only discounting the best-seller (2nd highest price) customers were incentivised to purchase a higher-priced product, increasing overall AOV compared to previous sales.
- Prioritising markets where the Back to School period is a well-known concept ensured maximum uptake by partners & customers.
- Introducing Digital OOH got McAfee in front of an audience who may not have considered the brand or antivirus products before, generating interest & awareness.
- +32% units
- +11% revenue
Download this McAfee case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF