Data-driven display campaign targetingExceeding conversion targets, even under restrictive conditions.
- STA Travel needed a better performing display campaign. Their existing campaign had high spillover and low returns.
- They wanted to maximise bookings for an existing promotion on flights from US to NZ, and UK to Australia.
- STA had a limited budget and the campaign was further restricted by their data-driven conversion attribution model.
Phase 1: Planning the campaign architecture
- Tagging the purchase journey showed which users were exiting before buying and which products they were viewing.
- Running alongside STA’s Google Display Network (GDN) campaign gave STA the chance to compare performances.
Phase 2: Data-driven re-targeting
- Re-targeting users that had abandoned bookings to target destinations brought interested users back into the funnel.
- Lookalike modeling of converting users allowed STA to target other users likely to be interested in this promotion.
Phase 3: Focusing campaign resources
- Analysing STA’s vast amounts of user data showed which US regions drove the most bookings for thesetarget flights.
- Focusing funds on key locations made the most of a limited budget to deliver higher returns than the GDN campaign.
- -35% CPA (UK)
- +278% Revenue (UK)
- +191% ABV(US)
*(RESULTS VS TARGET)
Download the STA Travel Leveraging Data marketing case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF