Dynamic Creative Optimisation: Bookings +17.5%Dynamic banner content retargeted users with relevant messaging, driving up click-to-quote and conversion rates.
- Avis were running a display campaign, retargeting users who had previously shown an interest in US domestic rentals.
- Users were retargeted with generic messaging, regardless of the destination they had previously searched for.
- Static ad banners, with a lack of relevant messaging, resulted in a low click-through rate (CTR) and low conversion rate.
Phase 1: Focused testing
- Analysing the top ten US domestic destinations for car rentals provided the key destinations for user retargeting.
- This focused a testing pool to establish benchmark results which could then be rolled out to 60+ US destinations.
Phase 2: Retargeting users with relevant messaging
- Retargeting interested users with dynamic content meant each user saw messages that were relevant to them.
- Banner images and ad copy names changed according to the destinations users’ had previously search for on the Avis site.
- A/B testing against static banners proved that dynamic content delivered higher click-through and conversion rates.
Phase 3: Continuous optimisation
- Continually testing new content ensured users always saw persuasive messaging, driving more users back to Avis’s site.
Download the Avis case study
Want to discover more? Click here to download a detailed case study PDF.Read more success stories: