- WSJ’s onboarding emails (The Welcome Series) consists of an initial Order Confirm email and six onboarding emails, sent over two weeks. Each email is dedicated to a membership benefit, such as downloading the app or signing up to a newsletter.
- The email design was inconsistent and the user’s attention was not adequately guided to the email value proposition.
- The aim of our test was to increase CTR from each email.
The Hypothesis: We could significantly improve email CTR by:
- Applying principles of eye flow management.
- Adding content hierarchy to the emails.
- Updating the visual design to better reflect the on-site acquisition journey.
- House of Kaizen designed, coded and QAed the new Welcome Series designs.
- They were sent out through WSJ’s email platform.
- Data was collected in this platform and the A/B testing platform.
Download this Wall Street Journal case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF