Removing friction from the user journeyUsers were able to select their product more quickly, driving up conversions.
- Hearst Magazines had a problem with users selecting products from the home page only to exit before buying.
- After seeing the home page, users were being taken to an offers page instead of being taken straight to the product page.
- This unnecessary layer of friction was preventing users from moving deeper into the purchase funnel.
Phase 1: Remove offers page from Men’s Health funnel
- Removing the offers page from user journey meant users weren’t overwhelmed with distractions en route to purchase.
- A smoother transition from comparison to product pages, with less friction, meant users were more likely to convert.
Phase 2: Run A/B test
- Testing specifically on the Men’s Health user journey allowed our hypothesis to be tested with minimal impact to the site.
- Testing the shorter user journey against the control proved that the smoother user journey drove more conversions.
- +41% visits to Basket Page
- -31% bounce rate
- +27% Visits to thank you page
Download the Hearst User-Journey case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF