Improving the layout and relevance of Hearst’s cross-sell moduleLed to fewer abandoned carts, more conversions.
- Hearst Magazines had significant traffic to their basket page.
- However, the impact of their cross-sell module was unclear, at this crucial stage between product page and checkout.
- They wanted to refine the cross-sell module layout and messaging to find the ideal formula to increase conversions.
Phase 1: Increase engagement
- Improving cross-sell module layout gave more space to suggested products, giving users more choice of magazines.
- Mouse hover effects made products stand out, encouraging user interaction.
Phase 2: Personalise offers
- Displaying products similar to those in the user’s basket ensured users were offered products relevant to them.
- Tailoring copy according to the user’s subscription type ensured users saw relevant, persuasive messaging.
Phase 3: Improve continuity
- Adding a savings roundel to cross-sell products improved continuity across store pages and motivated purchases.
- 8% visits to checkout
- -41% bounce rate
- +14% Visits to thank you page
Download the Hearst Cross-Sell case study
Want to read this later? Click here to download our case study PDF